MASTERS OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
The Master of Public Administration is a professional degree for those who seek leadership positions in public service. You will learn the skills and techniques to design and implement policies, projects and programs to provide vital daily services and address important societal problems while attending to the day to day administrative issues in your organization. Students are prepared for leadership and management positions in the public and non-profit sectors, at local and national levels with an emphasis on the development of effective and ethical management of organizations.
Student learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the discipline of public administration including contemporary public administration concepts and theories.
- Integrating theory and practice.
- Improving decision-making skills.
- Gaining knowledge of legal processes, managerial ethics, civil service systems, budgeting processes, the relationship between the public and private sectors, and the functions and duties of multiple government agencies.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in written form
Required Core Courses
- Foundations of Public Service and Administration
- Information Based Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Managing Financial Resources
- Managing Human Resources
- Organizational Change
- Leadership Strategies for an Interconnected World
- Strategic Management
- Non-Profit Management
- Grant Management and Writing
- Public Management Information Systems
- Environmental Policy and Administration
- Non-Profit Marketing and Communications
- Ethics in Public Service
- Civic Innovation and Effective Governance
- Program Evaluation and Performance Improvement
- Urban Policy
- Public Budgeting
To register your interest in our Masters in Public Administration degree, please complete the form below.
Please click this link if you wish to express an interest in a LIAS Department or one of its programmes.