We invite you to attend and participate in a meeting entitled: Manuscripts in Libya “Past, Present and Future”, on the ZOOM platform:
The manuscript is a scientific trust, a precious inheritance, and an effort made in difficult times, exposed to various crises in our country due to the security situation.
On the occasion of Arab Manuscript Day, and to spread heritage awareness; We invite you to attend and participate in a meeting entitled: Manuscripts in Libya “Past, Present and Future”, to talk about the following topics:
- Catalogs of manuscripts in Libya and their evaluation.
- Public and private manuscript libraries and what is not catalogued.
- Looted, lost and burned libraries.
- Manuscript trade and smuggling.
- Manuscript monopoly culture!
- Endowments of manuscripts and their types.
- The condition of the manuscripts at the present time and what they have been exposed to over the past 10 years.
- Libyan manuscripts in libraries around the world.
- Verified and published manuscripts.
- Difficulties, obstacles and problems.
Date: Sunday, April 4, 2021
Time: 9 pm Libya time.
to sign up: