Libya Institute for Advanced Studies organizes
A series of workshops on the parliamentary road map
A decision was issued by the House of Representatives on 12-23-2021, to form a committee to develop a roadmap proposal, after the elections were unable to be held. It is composed of ten members of the House of Representatives. This committee held several different meetings with the State Council, the High Electoral Commission, and the UN mission. , and others, and their proposal was presented to the House of Representatives, and it was approved on February 7, 2022, and includes the electoral entitlement, the constitutional path, and other paths, and according to this map, the Libyan House of Representatives announced the twelfth constitutional amendment on February 10, 2022.
Therefore, in this project, we will gather experts from professors and specialists, and hold various workshops and brainstorming, to study the road map and what was issued from it, from the legal and political aspects, and search for its strengths and weaknesses, and anticipate the outcomes of this map, and the obstacles that it may face, with a focus on On the constitutional issue with great importance, recalling the history and stages of the draft constitution, its problems and amendments, and developing alternatives, proposals and opinions that can lead us to the success of the road map, and accelerate the completion of the constitution and the various electoral paths.
- Study, analysis and criticism of the road map and its paths.
- The constitutional path in the road map.
- Electoral entitlement in the road map.
- Referendum and election laws in the road map.
- Prospects, dimensions and obstacles of the road map.
- The road map and its success and support mechanisms.
- Faculty members.
- Graduate students and teaching assistants.
- Politicians and election candidates.
- Civil society activists and interested parties.
From here you can view The work and activities of the Libya Academy for Advanced Studies on the constitutional rule
To communicate and participate in workshops and brainstorming about the roadmap, please send your name, city, and specialty to:
Mr. Islam 0918094046 (WhatsApp and regular)
Location of workshops
The workshops will be in different cities and in cooperation with universities and institutions.
Locations will be determined later.
- Roadmap Committee decision. (February 7, 2022).
- Constitutional Amendment No. 12. (February 10, 2022).
Text of the Road Map Committee’s decision
Article One: The road map presented by the committee formed by the House of Representatives shall be approved so that the electoral process takes place within a period not exceeding 14 months from the date of the constitutional amendment.
Article Two: The committee referred to in Article One must consult with the State Council Committee to submit the final version regarding the constitutional amendment, including a precise definition of the articles required to achieve electoral eligibility within a framework that does not exceed the time specified in the previous article, provided that this is done within a maximum period of one week in order to vote on it. In conjunction with giving confidence to the government.
Article Three: After listening to the projects of the candidates for the presidency of the government, the Presidency of the Council will refer the names of the candidates to the State Council to submit the required recommendations regarding them, provided that voting to choose one of the candidates takes place in the session of Thursday, February 10, 2022.
Article Four: The Roadmap Committee must submit its final report on the remaining tracks within one month from its date.
Tobruk: Monday, February 7, 2022 AD.
Text of the Constitutional Declaration 12
Paragraph 12 of Article 30 of the Constitutional Declaration is amended to read as follows:
- A committee of 24 members of experts and specialists, equally representative of the three historical geographic regions, shall be formed. They shall be chosen equally by the House of Representatives and the State, taking into account cultural diversity. It shall review the controversial articles in the draft constitution completed by the Constituent Assembly and make possible amendments to it. In order to accomplish its mission, Seek help from whomever you deem appropriate.
- At its first meeting within two weeks from the date of issuance of this amendment, and under the chairmanship of the oldest member, it shall elect, by secret ballot, its president, deputy, and rapporteur, and shall establish the internal bylaws regulating its work.
- Committee meetings shall not be valid unless attended by two-thirds of its members, and its decisions shall be issued by a two-thirds plus one majority of attendees.
- The committee’s headquarters will be in the city of Al Bayda, and it may hold its meetings in any other city.
- The committee shall complete the amendments within forty-five days, starting from its first meeting, within fifteen days from the date of issuance of this amendment, and the amended draft constitution shall be referred directly to the High National Elections Commission for a referendum. If it is not possible to make the amendments after the end of this period, a committee formed by the two Houses of Representatives shall undertake The state must, within a maximum period of one month, prepare a constitutional basis and electoral laws that are binding on both parties for one presidential and parliamentary session, and the draft constitution completed by the constituent body is submitted to the new legislative authority for consideration.
- If the Libyan people approve the amended draft constitution by a majority of half plus one for each of the three geographical regions, a constitution for the country will be adopted and it will be referred to the House of Representatives for issuance.
- If the result of the referendum is (no), the Constituent Assembly for drafting the draft constitution shall amend it and put it back to referendum by a majority of half plus one, in accordance with what was stipulated in Paragraph 6, within a period not exceeding sixty days from the date of announcing the results of the first referendum, and in the event that amendments are not possible within the period The Constituent Assembly for drafting the draft constitution shall not be dissolved, and the House of Representatives and the State shall, by consensus, establish a temporary constitutional rule for a single presidential and parliamentary session during which the legislative authority shall approve the permanent constitution of the country.
- The House of Representatives issues the referendum law and general election laws in agreement with the Supreme Council of State in accordance with the constitutional basis.
- The High National Elections Commission will be reconstituted, its legal status will be corrected, and it will undertake to conduct referendums and general elections, subject to the supervision of the national judiciary and with local and international monitoring.
- The High National Elections Commission shall announce and announce the final results of the elections, and the new legislative authority shall begin its work thirty days after the announcement of the final election results. In its first session, the House of Representatives and the State shall be dissolved, and the new legislative authority shall perform its duties in accordance with the Constitution.
- When the first session of the legislative authority is held, the government is considered a caretaker government until a new government is adopted in accordance with the constitution.
February 10, 2022