The Libya Institute for Advanced Studies organized a session in its office in the city of Bani Walid today, Tuesday, entitled: Quality of Education in Libya
This session was attended by a number of male and female teachers and faculty members at the University of Bani Walid. A number of topics were addressed in this session and were discussed and expressed by attendees. The topics included the following topics:
- The concept of quality in education.
- What does it mean for the education system in the Libyan state to leave the international classification for quality assessment, and what are the consequences of this?
- Who is responsible for poor education? Ministry of Education – Department of Education – Teacher – Curriculum – Leaders?
- What is the role of the primary official represented by the Ministry of Education to take measures and procedures that raise the level of education in Libya?
- The relationship of the events and crisis that Libya has been going through since 2011 to education and the extent of their impact on the quality of education.
- Searching for the appropriate climate for the student, the teacher, and education in general, so that Libya can improve its education ranking internationally.
The session concluded with the need for community, family and governmental awareness and joint cooperation in order to advance education, each according to its position, in order to preserve our children and future generations.